Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Searching Sheets and Circumstances

Eyes wide open pupils dilating to the dark they are adjusting
Light departs to its slumber giving way to this black hole of night and thought
Imagination wide open heart palpitates to the solitude its not adjusting
One of those nights where sleep fled with the light, left alone with a battle to be fought

A flickering chandelier casts shadows over soul and body
Shadows of over-analyzed pasts, discontent presents and paranoid futures
Searching sheets and circumstances for anything to hold me
Air condition rythym and rotating fans are the only things here of which I am sure

Accepting sleep’s betrayal it is now to daylight I turn my hope
Looking for the dawn’s fingers to pry through my curtains
For under blazing sunlight there is at least one less shadow with which to cope

Sleep starved eyes strain, adjusting to the sun
Feeling the warmth but being pained by the vision it brings
So my heart strains to have your vision, to let you be the only one

To understand that contentment will never come with the touch of someone

Take away this longing
Take away this longing
Take away this longing

“…Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that thou my art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light…”

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Patrick and Megan said...

Without longing we remain stagnant, so while praying for contentment ask for the desires of your heart. He will provide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home