Wednesday, June 20, 2007

magdalene

heart of the city
a downtown district
aluminum and leather cages – a sight to pity
red-eyed with a cup running over to restrict
the grasping hands of sleep and anxiety
all the while clutching a bone dry chalice
of my own honor and piety
decadence for despair; modesty for malice

heart of my heart
the divine existence
hands and knees scraped returning to the start
of it all, everything - obliterate my resistance
and make me whole, make me new
bleaching the stains of myself and all the wicked windows
erasing every trace of building brothers and make me like you
erasing every trace of the saint’s fortress and make me like you
erasing every trace of this Octavian oppression and make like you

Author of my heart
Can we start over?
unchain me from this false lover
and let us start over
let us start over

3 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we start over? 3 times just isn't enough with this phrase. how about a hundred. everyday

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ryan B said...

Dude, good stuff lately. I'm just catching up with some of your recent entries and loving the "Amber", "Victoria", and "Magdalene" series.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Brett and Anna Joy said...

nice to read so eloquent a version of what's been mulling in your mind (p.s. thanks for the comment) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home