Sunday, November 12, 2006


All Aboard

Stop this train
I wanna get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's movin' in
I know I can't
But honestly won't someone stop this train

There are many sublime qualities about music. One of them is the way your psyche grabs certain songs during certain periods of your life and clings to them as an anthem. Another is the way a good lyricist can say a lot with only a few words.

John Mayer in the song mentioned above accomplishes both in my mind - truly this song has become an anthem for me.

I am on a train that is speeding into the night.
Where is it taking me?
Do I want to go there?
Does it have to go so fast?
Can't it slow down a little?

I just need time to think.
Does life allow that?

I'm not living I'm reacting.
I stepped off the platform and jumped onto the end of the train because thats what I was supposed to do

gaining speed
going faster
going somewhere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home