Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Third

Sleeping requires faith.

I think thats why it scares me.

I know the nightly routine of toothpaste, prayers and alarm clocks - and yet I prolong it.

Under the cover of darkness and linen sheets I am confined in an eight hour prison where I am left alone with my thoughts. Left to wonder in the fading glo of consciousness if I have lived life well.

Pillow.

Is it all true?

Do I believe?

Life.

Grant me faith as small as a mustard seed Lord.

Not for mountains.

For sleep.

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Philip Letizia said...

THIS is the kind of writing I've been waiting for! I think you were more transparent in this than you have been in any other writing. And, I feel the same way. I hate sleeping. It scares me. My thoughts scare me

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger TeddyCook said...

You guys are a couple of big fat pussy's. Ouch! I'm just kidding. Thanks for bleeding through your keyboard. Raw! I love sleeping. It's the ten to thirty minutes before I fall asleep that scares me. But in a sadistic sense I long for it. To lie down and evaluate, examine, and remember all that I did and/or didn't do. Good stuff. When are we gonna ball?
Teddy

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree this is some of your best writting keep it up. my thoughts have kept me up many nights. new state, new apt, new school, new friends, new classes, new teachers, new job, in the end my thoughts sleep as I do in the fact that God is unchanging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home