Thursday, January 17, 2008

Somewhere between 14th and 59th

I love the way, the way you carry on
You make me wanna sing,
you make me wanna sing another love song
Sing another love song
Bury my head for the shame,
you pick me up
Though it makes no sense to me
you make me believe that I could trust someone
that I could ever trust someone
Through flame, I touch the fire,
you know that I still burn for you
Flood water rain crash down,
soak the ground,
still I thirst for you
Sing another love song,
you make me wanna sing another love song


- taken from Jars of Clay "Sing"

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Patrick and Megan said...

Reading this and knowing its context made me cry. Tears of joy and sadness.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Philip Letizia said...

On a scale of 1-10, how veiled is this? Haha just messin'

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ryan B said...

Love the song, and of course I love any nod to Jars. Haven't talked to you in a while but it sounds like you're doing well. I'll see you when classes start next week, if not sooner... maybe then you can fill me in on this love song stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home